2016 Media Delivery Guidelines
After registering your film, you will receive an email confirming your registration, including a link to upload to our secure & private Vimeo screening room. Film Competition Coordinator, Dana Grant, will reach out to you individually in regards to stills. This media will be viewed by preliminary judges on our private Vimeo page. If your media is selected as a finalist (finalists announced on August 1st, 2016), you will have the opportunity to submit your high quality screening master for public exhibition at the Science Media Awards & Summit.
What to submit?
- Video file of submission (limited in size to 2GB)
- One (1) digital image - e.g. A still from the submission itself, or from behind-the-scenes
- Labeling: Upload your media by title (ex. Title_JHSMA_Entry)
- File Size: Please limit to 2GB (our system will not work with files 2.5GB or larger)
- Preferred file format: H.264
- Supported formats: MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, MPG
- Advance H.264 settings: To make your uploads super smooth, choose the following advance settings whenever possible: Closed GOP and CABAC (to reduce your file size)
- Frame rate: 24, 25, or 30 FPS (Constant)
- Bit rate: 2,000-5,000 kbits/s (SD) / 5,000-10,000 kbit/s (720p HD) / 10,000-20,000 kbit/s (1080p HD)
- Resolution: 640 x 480 px (SD) or 1280 x 720 px (HD) or 1920 x 1080 px (HD)
- One (1) digital image, labeled
- File Format: jpeg (ideally 1920x1080 format)
- Limited in size to 5MB maximum